- Leading Thai robotics automation company builds cutting-edge designs and simulations to compete in international marketplace
- Benefits include easy creation of digital designs specific to automotive and manufacturing customer needs
- SOLIDWORKS 3D design and engineering applications help to shorten time to market, improve product quality, reduce manufacturing costs
BANGKOK, Thailand — October 3, 2019 — Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA) today announced that BRAINWORKS, a leading Thai robotics automation company, uses SOLIDWORKS applications to create and design robotic gripping technology capable of the most agile, precise and dexterous of tasks for their automotive and manufacturing customers.
The automotive industry in Thailand is the largest in the region and is a key driver of growth in automation and robotics. With Thailand 4.0, and the move towards an innovation-driven economy, BRAINWORKS has been supporting Thai automotive and manufacturing customers for the past 15 years, by offering quality customized gripping systems, robots for machine tending, end of arm tooling equipment and fully robotic cell solutions that enable their customers to improve productivity and competitiveness.
A crucial aspect of robotic technology, the end of arm tooling is the equipment that interacts with parts and components. The fingers of the robotic arm need to be designed to handle a wide variety of part shapes, sizes, weight and composite materials, and must be designed for agility and precision. Additionally, these systems need to control the force applied on the object being handled, and need precise control of the fingers for fast cycle times and improved process efficiencies.
AppliCAD Thailand, a one-stop service hub for 3D design software in industrial design recommended SOLIDWORKS applications as the platform best suited for BRAINWORKS needs.
“Our customers need accurate and precise designs for their robotic gripping systems. Any minor dislocation, even as small as a micron unit can damage the whole automatic system. SOLIDWORKS enables us to develop designs more quickly and easily. With SOLIDWORKS, our designs are also more accurate and we can better simulate system usage, which helps us avoid problems during manufacturing,” Mr Chatchai Pholmoon, Managing Director, BRAINWORKS.
Research by Global Market Insights states that the automotive robotics market will exceed $5.96 billion by 2024. By building cutting-edge designs and simulations for their robotic automation systems with industry-leading SOLIDWORKS applications, BRAINWORKS is able to compete in the international marketplace.
Other benefits include:
- Easily create digital designs for the robotic gripping system, specific to the needs and requirements of customers.
- Leverage 3D designs to easily showcase the design, system capabilities and allow BRAINWORKS to communicate with customers effectively.
- Effectively simulate usage of the gripping system, as well as analyze the element that will be used when manufacturing.
- Estimate the perfect force and stress for the robot’s hand in each function for the possible solutions.
“As technology continues on its rapid pace of innovation, the automotive industry and manufacturing sector need to keep up with the advances in digital transformation in order to meet the demands of their customers. With our SOLIDWORKS applications, Dassault Systèmes provides the right tools that will enable companies to enhance their design and simulation capabilities. We are pleased to work with BRAINWORKS enabling them to shorten time to market, while improving product quality and reducing manufacturing costs,” said Sox Konno, Managing Director, Asia Pacific South, Dassault Systèmes.