Dassault Systèmes today announced the winners of the 9th edition of AAKRUTI – the annual nationwide design competition. K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering, Mumbai, Maharashtra is selected the winner of the competition by the jury comprising of industry experts from the field of education along with Ms. Marie Planchard, Senior Director, Early Engagement, SOLIDWORKS, Dassault Systèmes and Mr. Suchit Jain, Vice President, Strategy & Business Development, SOLIDWORKS, Dassault Systèmes. AAKRUTI competition is an innovation-driven platform to shape students imagination and bring their innovative designs to life using Dassault Systèmes product design applications encouraging students to showcase their design skills, creativity, and innate talent.
Launched in the year 2011, AAKRUTI has been tremendous response from all over India in the last eight years. This year more than 4900+ students from 330+ colleges across 26 states in India participated in the competition. The competition provides students an opportunity to design a product that can later be manufactured commercially to benefit the nation. To design and simulate their product ideas, the participating students are given access to SOLIDWORKS education edition for the necessary time.
Each year, AAKRUTI comes up with new and innovative themes presenting students with an opportunity to design products that can be commercially manufactured which can eventually benefit the nation. The themes are carefully selected while keeping in mind the current environmental and social issues and create futuristic products that can be a possible solution.
This year the theme for the competition were:
- Smart Energy
- Small is big
- Water is Life
- Waste to Wealth to Wonder
AAKRUTI is well amalgamated with Dassault Systèmes’ vision to promote the advancement of excellence in all aspects of engineering, engineering technology, and design while developing and upskilling the skills of the students.
The top finalists were from the following colleges:
- Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Burla, Odisha,
- Chitkara University, Chandigarh, Punjab
- J.S.S. Academy of Technical Education, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, Tamilnadu
- Bangalore Institute Of Science and Technology, Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Bannari Amman Institute Of Technology, Sathmangalam, Tamil Nadu
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering,Bengaluru,Karnataka
- Dr. D.Y. Patil Institute of Engineering, Management and Research, Pune, Maharashtra Maharashtra
- K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Vishwakarma Institute of Technology, Pune, Maharashtra
- Sanjivani College of Engineering, Kopargaon, Maharashtra