Want to use your structural engineering skills to contribute to progressing the health and life sciences industry?
Now more than ever, it is important that we band together as a society to overcome the heath issues facing us today. Our SIMULIA Academy how-to playlist on YouTube now features a fifteen-part training series for our software users to better understand how to structurally engineer a device crucial for medical professionals to administer shots and vaccines – you guessed it, this device is known as the syringe. Our state-of-the-art simulation software allows our engineers the ability to analyze a syringe’s geometry, apply forces, test materials and optimize designs before a physical prototype is produced, which leads to substantial savings in time & cost whiles ensuring design safety.
Here is a list of Syringe Series tutorials, including a brief description of what technical engineering skills you can expect to learn:
- Problem Statement: https://youtu.be/8DmdpAtvauU
- Import a SOLIDWORKS file onto the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform: https://youtu.be/xRDhY3Qx6HU
- Creating a Finite Element Model Representation (Mesh): https://youtu.be/rDrDYaMdDHs
- Assign material properties to the section definitions: https://youtu.be/JMifoej1lW4
- Refining a Finite Element Model Representation (mesh): https://youtu.be/2a21oqMHjvg
- Define Analysis Steps: https://youtu.be/8VUd4sL0vek
- Create Simulation Object: https://youtu.be/Bbj0PDSEDWE
- Define Analysis Steps: https://youtu.be/BVP-nCBSgig
- Define & Modify Contact Definitions: https://youtu.be/_CLnHzB2dS4
- Apply Restraints: https://youtu.be/yD4Bs-rsBjQ
- Apply Loads: https://youtu.be/B-Dypdbxa00
- Assign Element Types: https://youtu.be/4W0_p5VOi2Y
- Modify Output Request: https://youtu.be/_FlDKW87fgU
- Execute the Simulation: https://youtu.be/xy4yN3w7oLo
- Explore Results: https://youtu.be/NhN2SMbEuiQ
In today’s economy, manufacturing for the life sciences industry remains in high demand, even amidst the economic downturn. We hope that our Syringe Series how-to tutorials can help you hone your engineering skills and expand your knowledge, to make you an ideal candidate/employee for some of the top medical device producers across the globe.
Interested in learning more about how Dassault Systèmes contributes to the life sciences industry? Check out our website.
You can also find all of these tutorials on SIMULIA’s Learning Community (SLC), housed on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform. Become a member of the SIMULIA Learning Community to gain free access to our platform where you can find the latest resources for SIMULIA software and to collaborate with other users. The key that unlocks the door of innovative thinking and knowledge building, the SIMULIA Learning Community provides you with the tools you need to expand your knowledge, whenever and wherever.
SIMULIA offers an advanced simulation product portfolio, including Abaqus, Isight, fe-safe, Tosca, Simpoe-Mold, SIMPACK, CST Studio Suite, XFlow, PowerFLOW and more. The SIMULIA Learning Community is the place to find the latest resources for SIMULIA software and to collaborate with other users. The key that unlocks the door of innovative thinking and knowledge building, the SIMULIA Learning Community provides you with the tools you need to expand your knowledge, whenever and wherever.