This post is a continuation in a series about simulation on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and some of the roles you can find there. This week we are focusing on the Structural Mechanics Engineer Role and how it helps users perform complex linear and non-linear analysis under realistic conditions to intuitively validate designs and make product decisions faster.
Structural Mechanics Engineer, available on the premise-based or the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® platform, enables you to conduct structural linear and nonlinear static, low and high-speed dynamic, and thermal simulation of product behavior. Its material calibration capabilities help ensure accurate material behavior modeling. The platform lets your engineering teams collaborate in real-time and securely share simulation results from anywhere and on any device.
Structural Mechanics Engineer is a comprehensive role to perform structural integrity assessment of any type of product, providing:
- Structural analyses (static or quasi-static, frequency, buckling, mode-based steady-state or transient dynamic, random response, non-linear dynamic)
- Thermal analyses or sequential thermal-stress analyses (both transient or steady state)
- Axisymmetric idealization for fast structural analyses, especially useful in a preliminary design context to determine trends
- Advanced capability from modeling and meshing, with possible automated creation (e.g.mid-surfacing), scenario definition, execution, results in visualization, and report generation
- Embedded tokens for running the analyses
- Provide a Robust Engineering Workflow Fully Associative with your SOLIDWORKS® or CATIA® 3D CAD
- Connecting* SOLIDWORKS® 3D CAD to the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE platform enables your team to save and manage your SOLIDWORKS geometry on the platform directly from SOLIDWORKS and share it through a browser
- Connecting also CATIA V5* or CATIA V6 to the on-premise or cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE platform
- Possible CAD import from various formats*
- Enable traceable revision
- Analyze and validate structural strength during concept, basic, and detailed design phases to minimize the cost of prototyping, and reduce weight. Reduce risks associated with structural certification
- Detailed structural validation from sub-system level to coupon level
- Minimize vehicle weight, thus maximizing efficiency and range
- Increase certification confidence in early and detailed design phases
- Reduce expensive and challenging physical tests
- Efficient and automated creation of simulation models directly from design data reducing modeling times
- Multistep structural scenarios including Static, Frequency, Thermal, Buckling, Implicit/Explicit Dynamics, Linear Dynamics, and more
- Seamless associativity/integration with geometry for generative simulation including functionality for simulation geometry preparation
- Productive apps for a large model 3D visualization/post-processing and XY plotting enabling design insight and decision making from results
- Includes execution on up to 8 Cores
SIMULIA offers an advanced simulation product portfolio, including Abaqus, Isight, fe-safe, Tosca, Simpoe-Mold, SIMPACK, CST Studio Suite, XFlow, PowerFLOW, and more. The SIMULIA Community is the place to find the latest resources for SIMULIA software and to collaborate with other users. The key that unlocks the door of innovative thinking and knowledge building, the SIMULIA Community provides you with the tools you need to expand your knowledge, whenever and wherever.