This post is a continuation in a series about simulation on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and some of the roles you can find there. This week we are focusing on the Structural Analysis Engineer role and how it enables comprehensive structural simulations covering statics, dynamics, vibration, thermal, and fatigue across a broad range of industrial applications.
The Structural Analysis Engineer role enables comprehensive structural simulations covering statics, dynamics, vibration, thermal, and fatigue across a broad range of industrial applications.
Structural Analysis Engineer is a comprehensive role to perform structural integrity assessment of any type of product, providing:
- Multiple structural analyses, including static or quasi-static, frequency, buckling, mode-based steady-state or transient dynamic, random response, and non-linear dynamic
- Thermal analyses or sequential thermal-stress analyses (both transient or steady state)
- Axisymmetric idealization for fast structural analyses, especially useful in a preliminary design context to determine trends
- Advanced capability from modeling and meshing, with possible automated creation (e.g.mid-surfacing), scenario definition (up to thousands of load cases), execution, results visualization, and report generation
- Fatigue simulation that can predict accurate fatigue lives to ensure complex engineering products are designed for durability, and extend ordinary stress analysis to provide estimates of the lifecycle for components subjected to cyclic loads
- Analyze key structural KPIs to guide the design to meet performance and quality targets
- Minimize product weight, thus maximizing efficiency and reducing operating costs
- Reduce expensive and challenging physical tests through proven predictive virtual tests
- Increase certification confidence in early and detailed design phases
- Dramatically improve engineering efficiency through seamless integration with design data
- Widely share KPIs and targets on dashboards with stakeholders throughout the community
- Provide Product Engineers powerful and intuitive tools needed to perform sophisticated structural simulations during the design process
- Reduce non value added tasks like looking for geometry, part or assembly information, fastener data, etc.
- Delivers unique design workflow with an access to robust simulation technology within an intuitive interface
- Offers multistep structural scenarios for product performance and quality virtual testing during the product design process
For R2022X GA What’s New information, please refer to this post in the SIMULIA Community.
SIMULIA offers an advanced simulation product portfolio, including Abaqus, Isight, fe-safe, Tosca, Simpoe-Mold, SIMPACK, CST Studio Suite, XFlow, PowerFLOW, and more. The SIMULIA Community is the place to find the latest resources for SIMULIA software and to collaborate with other users. The key that unlocks the door of innovative thinking and knowledge building, the SIMULIA Community provides you with the tools you need to expand your knowledge, whenever and wherever.