This post is a continuation in a series about simulation on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and some of the roles you can find there. This week we are focusing on the Electromagnetics Engineer role and how it enables designers and engineers to perform electromagnetic simulations from low to high frequency.
The SIMULIA Electromagnetics Engineer role delivers electromagnetic simulation powered by industry-proven CST Studio Suite technology in a seamless, intuitive, and modern user interface connected with the 3DEXPERIENCE® platform. Video Player
It enables designers and engineers to perform electromagnetic simulations from low to high frequency (static to optical), including the optimization of antennas, microwave components, and electro-mechanical devices. SIMULIA Electromagnetics Engineer enables design teams to improve product performance, reduce time-to-market and minimize device malfunctions, warranty claims, and recalls.
SIMULIA Electromagnetics Engineer offers a broad range of solution methods with a unique capability to identify and mitigate electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and electromagnetic interference (EMI) risks in electronic devices. Additionally, the technology can be applied to the simulation of human body exposure to electromagnetic fields. Electromagnetic Engineer ensures that the device passes any certification tests required by regulatory and industry standards the first time.
The SIMULIA Electromagnetics Engineer role:
- Provides access to SIMULIA CST Studio Suite, the leading solution for low to high frequency (static to optical) electromagnetic simulations
- Supports engineers for antenna and microwave devices design to improve product performance and reduce time-to-market
- Helps engineers to identify and mitigate electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and electromagnetic interference (EMI) risks in electronic devices, minimizing warranty claims and recalls
- Consumes parametric SOLIDWORKS and CATIA design data from the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to perform electromagnetic simulation
- Powerful simulation methods such as the unique finite integration technique (FIT), the classical finite element method (FEM), the transmission line matrix method (TLM), and also hybrid simulation methods
- Specialized solvers for applications such as motors, printed circuit boards, cable harnesses, and filters
- Coupled simulations: system-level, multiphysics, field/circuit co-simulation to deliver unprecedented simulation reliability and accuracy
- A wide range of complex material models
- Powerful post-processing and visualization tools
- Built-in optimizers
- Allow efficient collaboration by accessing Printed Circuit Board (PCB) data created using common ECAD tools and saved on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
- Cloud Computing on 3DEXPERIENCE Cloud using Embedded Compute and SIMULIA Tokens and Credits
- Note: Cloud Computing is currently limited to High-Frequency solvers. Low Frequency and other solvers will follow up soon
See the section What’s New in Electromagnetics Engineer R2022x GA.
Access Material Data for Electromagnetics Simulation from 3DEXPERIENCE, removing the need for end users to recreate data in CST Studio Suite.
Electromagnetics cloud compute offering is extended to support simulations using Low Frequency, Charged Particles Dynamics, and Thermal solvers. Moreover, Optimization and Parameter sweep simulations are also supported.
SIMULIA offers an advanced simulation product portfolio, including Abaqus, Isight, fe-safe, Tosca, Simpoe-Mold, SIMPACK, CST Studio Suite, XFlow, PowerFLOW, and more. The SIMULIA Community is the place to find the latest resources for SIMULIA software and to collaborate with other users. The key that unlocks the door of innovative thinking and knowledge building, the SIMULIA Community provides you with the tools you need to expand your knowledge, whenever and wherever.