We have recently launched a brand new quarterly webinar series for 2018: The GEOVIA Innovation Series. We are bringing this new series to educate Dassault Systèmes customers and GEOVIA users on topics that matter to your business whether you are looking at overhauling some of your mining processes or simply digitizing an existing one.
Each webinar will be short – 30 minutes – and offered at different times because we understand you’re busy and your focus should be on making your business the best it can be. Each webinar will also be live and presented by an expert so you can benefit from a wealth of experience in diverse domains.
We invite you to join us in new webinars or to watch recordings of our webinar series here:
WATCH COMPLETED WEBINAR RECORDINGS HERE
Webinar #1: Optimizing a Tactical Mine Schedule Through Simulation
In this webinar, we discuss how to optimize a tactical mine schedule through simulation, specifically optimization by iteration, automation of workflows, varying inputs, and selecting the best option out of thousands of potential schedules.
Chawki Jreige, Senior Solution Consultant GEOVIA, Dassault Systèmes and MineSched expert, delivered this webinar. Based in Vancouver, Chawki is a Mining Engineer with significant experience in both open pit and underground mines, having previously worked at Vale’s Inco Copper Cliff North Mine.
Webinar #2: Improve Your NPV with Advanced Simultaneous Optimization
In this webinar, we discussed the benefits of rapid, multi-scenario analysis of a wide variety of potential options or future economic conditions on a mining project’s viability. Customers using GEOVIA Whittle simultaneous optimization can produce a better strategic schedule and extract greater value from the project by optimizing the most critical components of the schedule: mining sequence, stockpiling strategy, and processing cut-off grade.
Patrick Cawley, Mining Knowledge Consultant GEOVIA, Dassault Systèmes delivered this webinar. Patrick is a Mining Engineer with experience in both precious and base metal operations. He previously worked at Vale’s Inco Copper Cliff South Mine and IAMGOLD in Quebec, Canada.
Webinar #3: Enabling Zero Distance with Social Collaboration
In this webinar, we show how to drive productivity by enabling digital collaboration of mining data within your organization or with external consultants – breaking down siloes between teams and barriers to effective communication, file management, and knowledge sharing.
Jessica Jensen, Senior Brand Portfolio Manager GEOVIA at Dassault Systèmes, shares how the Business Innovation Role (part of Social Collaboration) enables effective collaboration, including a demonstration featuring GEOVIA Surpac and the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
- Connect people, ideas, data, and solutions in real time
- Enable centralized control and view of mining data, providing a single source of truth on your business operations
- Run the GEOVIA applications you know and love, such as Surpac
- Collaborate efficiently with traceability across the mining value chain
Webinar #4: Improving mine safety and avoiding unanticipated costs with structural geology
In this webinar, we show how to improve mine safety and avoid unanticipated costs by leveraging Structural Geology with Surpac, which provides the geotechnical team with real-time access to current geology and current production data. All this delivers value to the business by breaking down silos between teams and barriers to effective communication, file management, and knowledge sharing.
- Structural trend analysis in large and complex datasets allowing better mineralization characterization and reducing geological uncertainty, particularly in vein style deposits.
- Increase confidence in the safety of operations by showing how rock orientations interact with the mine design allowing small changes to be made ahead of time.
- Reduces the cost of mining by understanding rock support needs better.
Webinar #5: Extract more value from underground ore bodies using Surpac Stope Optimization
The webinar introduced Surpac Stope Optimization, a solution that provides underground engineers with the ability to automate the stope design process and evaluate multiple project scenarios. Through Stope Optimization, customers can rapidly generate and review results based on a variety of economic parameters and practical mining constraints to maximize the value of the resource recovery.
- Automate the Stope Design process while considering practical mining parameters to extract the highest possible economic value from a deposit
- Produce stope inventories from block models that spatially represent the location of mineralization
- Use the Stope Optimization Scenario Management system to save time and manage analyzation options
- Utilize Stope Optimization in conjunction with Surpac for an integrated user experience
More webinars will be added soon for 2019!
Each webinar will also feature a Q&A component in the last five minutes, and we look forward to hearing from you during this portion of the webinar. You will need to register in order to attend the webinar.