Manufacturers in the Transportation and Mobility industry today are operating in a landscape where consumers have high expectations. Not only is there an increasing demand for electric (EV), connected and autonomous vehicles, there is also a huge shift from mass production to mass customization.
Faced with these factors and the rising competitive pressure to lower costs while increasing delivery speed and quality, manufacturers are finding themselves at crossroads. While these requirements are not impossible to meet, they do come with a hefty price tag.
To help solve this conundrum, many have turned to shop floor digitalization—which is a step in the right direction. Those who choose to implement a modern Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) solution will pave the way for future-ready processes and operations.
MOM supports Transportation and Mobility manufacturers beyond the traditional Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES). It covers automating, executing and managing the performance of all business processes that fall under manufacturing execution. This allows businesses to maintain high levels of throughput, quality and customer service, while driving sustainable innovation.
Here are five ways DELMIA MOM enhances your business’ capabilities:
- DELMIA Production With the need for more product launches and shortening time-to-market, manufacturers need to have a faster ramp-up process. To do so, they will require full visibility and control over their shop floor. DELMIA Production gives clear insights into Machine Time Analysis, Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), and other role-based KPI and analytics. This allows businesses to identify losses, measure progress and increase the productivity of equipment. By improving operational efficiency, manufacturers can now accelerate New Product Introduction (NPI) all while ensuring process standardization.
- DELMIA Quality Quality assurance is critical to avoid product recalls across all industries but in the case of Transportation and Mobility, compromised quality can pose a major safety hazard. With DELMIA Quality, manufacturers have global visibility and control, making it easy to standardize quality processes across the organization and supply network. It also enhances genealogy, traceability and containment. This not only ensures that compliance standards are met, but in the case of tracking down and recalling non-conformances, can save businesses costs and time.
- DELMIA Warehouse DELMIA Warehouse synchronizes manufacturing operations with warehouse processes. This means that people and equipment are directed to processes as needed, such as put-aways and cross-docking materials directly to and from production utilizing real-time status, alerts and replenishment policies. This seamless coordination boosts operational performance. Manufacturers can also carefully monitor all activities that span from receipt of raw materials to the shipment of finished goods, enabling a demand-driven enterprise.
- DELMIA Maintenance Machine downtime can lead to exponential costs, which is why having an efficient maintenance system in place is crucial. Imagine if you could:
- Schedule preventive maintenance
- Respond quickly to unplanned downtime
- Track actual time and labor per maintenance work order
- Monitor KPIs such as Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) and Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
These are the key capabilities DELMIA Maintenance brings to your shop floor, increasing equipment uptime, productivity and quality in the long run.
5. DELMIA Time & Labor Workforce planning and scheduling can be incredibly time-consuming and error-prone especially with paper tracking and manual data entry. DELMIA Time & Labor tackles these complexities. It gathers and validates real-time employee data throughout the course of daily activities in all operational areas. This translates into easily accessible data that can be exported into Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Payroll systems. More importantly, the data captures value add and non-value add times, which helps to optimize operations while eliminating paper trails.
Unlock Compelling Business Values with DELMIA MOM
By seizing the opportunity to digitally transform their shopfloors with MOM, manufacturers will stand to gain a:
- 98.5% increase in customer service delivery rate
- 10% increase in forecast precision
- 30% increase in design productivity
- 5% decrease in lead time and WIP
- 40% decrease in stock level
- 60% decrease in time spent planning
To learn more about shop floor digital transformation and the opportunities it will bring to help you build competitive advantage, download our eBook, Drive Efficient Execution in Transportation and Mobility now.