Now in its ninth year, Project of the Year is sponsored by the 3DEXPERIENCE Edu team. Students from around the world submit projects created with Dassault Systèmes solutions, providing them with an opportunity to build important skills and gain recognition for their innovative ideas. Of course, it’s a contest…so there are also prizes!
Our 2020 contest received over 250 projects from 27 different countries, with 17 prize-winning entries. Some of the winning projects included additive manufacturing of a racing motorcycle chassis, a mulit-nosal pesticide sprayer for agriculture and a semi-autonomous wheelchair. Watch this video to see more!
Students can request a free license of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to bring their ideas to life, or they can submit an existing project. Way to win include:
- 1 Jury Prize chosen by a panel of Dassault Systèmes experts
- 3 3DEXPERIENCE platform projects will be selected by Dassault Systèmes employees
- 3 Brand Prizes selected by brand juries for the best projects using CATIA, SIMULIA and SOLIDWORKS
- 3 Sustainability Prizes to the projects the jury feels have the greatest potential environmental impact
- 1 Instagram prize rewarding the most liked reposted project showcased on our Instagram page
In addition to tech prizes, each winner will receive a coupon to 3D print their project with the 3DEXPERIENCE | Make On Demand Manufacturing platform!
The contest is open for entries from May 4 through June 13. Once submitted, we encourage the students to promote their project via Instagram by adding #POTY2K21 and tagging @3DXEdu. We will repost on our page and invite the public to vote for their favorite between June 14 and June 25.
Best of luck to all who enter. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!