In a few days, we’ll be celebrating the 60th anniversary of the Design Automation Conference (DAC), the premier event for the design of electronic chips to systems. It’s a great moment to take a look at what’s driving the semiconductor industry. Semiconductors fuel the innovation machine of our modern world, and so they’re in high demand. However, the industry is facing increasing sovereignty needs as well as supply chain difficulties. In this context, four key trends stand out:
- Moore’s Law and More than Moore: the relentless pursuit of smaller transistors continues, while facing limitations and leading to alternative approaches like 3D integration and heterogeneous computing.
- AI and machine learning: demand for semiconductors to power AI applications, from edge devices to data centers, is driving innovation.
- Internet of things (IoT): the growth of IoT devices requires power-efficient and cost-effective chips for a diverse range of applications.
- Supply chain resilience: the industry faces challenges in managing global supply, leading to a focus on improving resilience and reducing supply chain dependencies.
Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE platform is the innovation platform for the semiconductor ecosystem, helping companies streamline their processes, enhance collaboration and improve efficiency.
By leveraging Dassault Systèmes’ semiconductor industry solutions, companies can benefit from:
- Virtual twin experience by connecting science-based virtual representations of semiconductor products, processes and fabs to scale innovation from Lab to Fab.
- Improved design efficiency, by optimizing their chip designs, reducing development time and costs while enhancing quality.
- Enhanced collaboration between various stakeholders in the semiconductor ecosystem, including design teams, manufacturing teams, and suppliers.
- Advanced simulation and analysis by optimizing the performance, reliability, and manufacturability of their designs.
- Supply chain optimization by enabling better coordination between different stages of production, from design to manufacturing and distribution.
Join us at DAC 2023 and stop by our booth or click here to learn more about our exhibit at DAC or to set up a meeting with us on-site. Dassault Systèmes’ High-Tech team is looking forward to meeting you!