As we roll into the fourth quarter of 2020 – a year marked by a global pandemic and an unprecedented business climate, companies of all sizes are examining operations, processes and IT infrastructures looking to transform their business to meet future opportunity. And cloud-based platforms have emerged as pivotal to lowering costs, enabling growth, managing global manufacturing complexities and meeting consumer demand.
3DEXPERIENCE: A Virtual Journey, Dassault Systèmes online virtual event series, goes live with Episode 4 on October 14th with a focus on enabling business via the cloud. Learn how industry leaders have connected entire ecosystems on a single cloud-based platform to increase collaboration, improve execution, and accelerate innovation during these challenging times. Agenda highlights include:
- Enabling Business Continuity Using the Cloud reviews strategy, process and innovation required to maintain and transform business during these challenging times.
- Introducing a Validation-Ready Cloud Platform for Open Source Medical Devices. In response to the COVID-19 crisis, Dassault Systèmes has released the most comprehensive validation-ready cloud platform for rapidly bringing open source ventilators and other medical equipment to market while meeting regulatory requirements.
- 3DEXPERIENCE as a Business Experience featuring Björn Lindwall, Founder and CEO, SolidEngineer, and a global adventurer. Learn how the cloud is transforming the way the company runs its businesses – from services, to marketing and sales, to realize a more successful, agile, accelerated business experience.
- Turbocharge Your Business with Cloud for 3DEXPERIENCE On-Premise. Learn more about how the cloud is the leading edge of future technology and specific benefits of enabling busines via the cloud, and how to get started.
- Intuitive 3D Design in the Cloud reviews ready-to-go online Design and Engineering applications in action and available on multiple devices.
We thought you’d be interested in Navigate the Future’s recent coverage of cloud trends. Here’s our take:
How Scientific Collaboration Can Be Fueled by the Cloud
At a time where collaboration in the life sciences industry is more urgent than ever, and the race to develop medical devices, drugs, and PPE explodes – how can companies and their remote teams – many working from home – stay connected in a secure IT environment to speed innovations to market? To realize risk reduction, shorten product development times, and increase Return on Investment (ROI), new technologies and systems are required to support remote teams and R&D efforts. Many companies are looking to cloud-based solutions that enable use from anywhere there is a computer and the internet. But before moving to cloud-based solutions, there are several factors to consider.
Digital Manufacturing Has Its Head in the Cloud
What happens on the factory floor doesn’t stay only there, but is uploaded as data to the cloud for validation, visibility, and analytic crunching to find patterns, make predictions, and prescribe actions. Cloud providers are now offering applications on their platforms to execute digital manufacturing across the entire product lifecycle, from design through manufacturing execution and logistics.
Taking Simulation to the Next Level With Cloud Computing
Companies of all sizes are moving to the cloud, taking advantage of a variety of benefits. Many companies initially investigate the cloud to save money. Others want to focus their precious resources on designing and delivering innovative products instead of developing and supporting IT infrastructure.
Machine Learning in the Cloud
Find yourself making the same mistakes over and over again? It’s only human, which is why product developers are turning to machine learning in the cloud. It’s a way to not only learn through past mistakes, but perhaps more critically, to remember those learnings, and apply them as appropriate during the collaborative product development process.
Cloud and Crowd: Peak Product Development
As both cloud and crowd have matured, they have provided a tremendous boon to collaborative product development. Cloud is the mechanism by which a globally dispersed ecosystem of partners can communicate and cooperate during an iterative product development process that almost always requires expertise in numerous disciplines.
Car Makers Accelerate by Designing, Developing and Engineering in the Cloud
Speed limits keep some semblance of order on our highways. But the cloud—through its ability to flexibly host a global ecosystem of partners and suppliers to make rapid iterations during the product ideation and development process—is what helps you break speed limits to meet launch dates and revenue and quality targets in this fast-changing market.
Learn more about how companies are bringing together all aspects of their business on a single cloud-based platform to increase collaboration, improve execution and accelerate innovation.