In today’s computer-aided product development and manufacturing environment, designers and engineers are using a wide range of software tools to design and simulate their products. Often, the parameters and results from one software package are required as inputs to another package, and the manual process of entering the required data can reduce efficiency, slow product development, and introduce errors in modeling and simulation assumptions.
SIMULIA’s Isight Solution
Isight provides designers, engineers, and researchers with an open system for integrating design and simulation models—created with various CAD, CAE, and other software applications—to automate the execution of hundreds or thousands of simulations. Isight allows users to save time and improve their products by optimizing them against performance or cost metrics through statistical methods, such as Design of Experiments (DOE) or Design for Six Sigma. Isight combines cross-disciplinary models and applications together in a simulation process flow, automates their execution, explores the resulting design space, and identifies the optimal design parameters based on required constraints. Isight’s ability to manipulate and map parametric data between process steps and automate multiple simulations greatly improves efficiency, reduces manual errors, and accelerates the evaluation of product design alternatives.
Recently the 2022 release of Isight was announced, with new developments that include feature enhancements and component updates. Highlights of Isight R2022 include:
Abaqus Component Upgrade
• The Isight Abaqus component creates a direct link to Abaqus, allowing automated execution of Abaqus from Isight
• In Isight 2022, Abaqus component is enhanced to support Abaqus 6.14 through Abaqus 2022 and maintenance releases thereof
• No other functional changes to the component
• Apache TomEE
– Isight 2021 & previous releases shipped Apache TomEE 1.7.2 – Isight 2022 ships Apache TomEE 8.0.5 – All the security fixes delivered by TomEE between these versions are now automatically available for SEE, Webtop, and Web Dashboard applications running on TomEE
• Oracle database
– Supported version of Oracle database has been upgraded to Oracle 19c
• Microsoft SQL Server database
– Supported version of Microsoft SQL Server database has been upgraded to Microsoft SQL Server 2019
• Older releases of the Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server are not supported
• Support for Oracle WebLogic application server has been removed
• Customers who were using Oracle WebLogic application server would need to migrate to IBM WebSphere or Apache TomEE application server
Isight/SEE 2022 Improved Stability and Reliability
5 Customer reported bugs closed in this release
• 1 CST Component
• 1 Pointer-2 Technique
• 1 Model Validation
• 2 Documentation
To learn more about the new features included in Isight 2022, please attend the upcoming Isight 2022 webinar. The e-seminar will also be available on-demand after the live event has concluded.
Stay tuned as new software releases continue to be rolled out into the new year, and find more Isight resources in the SIMULIA Community.
SIMULIA offers an advanced simulation product portfolio, including Abaqus, Isight, fe-safe, Tosca, Simpoe-Mold, SIMPACK, CST Studio Suite, XFlow, PowerFLOW and more. The SIMULIA Community is the place to find the latest resources for SIMULIA software and to collaborate with other users. The key that unlocks the door of innovative thinking and knowledge building, the SIMULIA Community provides you with the tools you need to expand your knowledge, whenever and wherever.