The Importance of Training and Technical Knowledge
Ask yourself how did you get here? What were the key elements of your journey from childhood to your professional role? No matter what your specific answers are, learning and acquiring new skills was a key facilitator to that journey.
That training would have started with school and perhaps progressed through University and possibly onto post-graduate engagements. The training delivery method will have been varied, perhaps formal delivery or guided discovery. However, when we reach the workplace the need to learn is often forgotten; much to employee detriment the focus is on delivering projects meeting customer needs, etc. But it is important to note that the ability to deliver those projects is the result of our current learning, thus if there is no new learning, then the delivery will always be the same.
Training is very important to continue our professional development. Technical knowledge is key to efficiently solving complex simulation problems. Technology is constantly moving on, from the algorithms within our solvers to the user interface and the hardware that it is running on. Engineers must keep up-to-date with technology changes to ensure that they can meet the customer demands of the future.
Training with SIMULIA
SIMULIA have developed a flexible training offering that supports delivery in these unusual times due to COVID-19. The options available to you include:
- Self Paced E-Learning
- A huge range of learning content is available at 3DEXPERIENCE Edu Space. The content is ideal for customers of all sizes and is available in English and multiple other languages. The classes are available at any time and all you to study at your own pace, gain knowledge and skills and apply that knowledge to your immediate simulation workflows.
- Scheduled Online Classroom Courses
- The current situation prevents us delivering face to face training in classrooms, which was a key part of supporting you achieve your simulation objectives. To overcome this we have moved all classes on line, delivering an extensive training program throughout Europe. The class schedule can be found here, sorted by language.
- Virtual Onsite Training Classes
- If you have a number of colleagues interested in the same topic, perhaps Metal Inelasticity with Abaqus or SIMPACK rail, then traditionally a course delivered at your own site has been the most efficient way to deliver that training class. Sadly, this cannot be done due to current restrictions. However, it can be delivered virtually with equal effect since modern tools such as GoToTraining can be very interactive. The training will be dedicated to your needs and allow you discuss, openly, the topics and challenges that you are facing, often not possible in a public training environment.
We hope you will continue to learn and develop your simulation skills, perhaps going deeper within a single domain or industry or broadening your skillset by learning other products within our portfolio, perhaps a new physics, automation through Isight or adopting the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to work in a collaborative way.
EuroNorth – firstname.lastname@example.org
EuroWest – email@example.com; Sylvia.BAZILLE@3ds.com
EuroCentral – firstname.lastname@example.org
SIMULIA offers an advanced simulation product portfolio, including Abaqus, Isight, fe-safe, Tosca, Simpoe-Mold, SIMPACK, CST Studio Suite, XFlow, PowerFLOW and more. The SIMULIA Community is the place to find the latest resources for SIMULIA software and to collaborate with other users. The key that unlocks the door of innovative thinking and knowledge building, the SIMULIA Community provides you with the tools you need to expand your knowledge, whenever and wherever.