When choosing a tool to simulate their products, engineers want something that will deliver consistent results from the very beginning of the design process to the end of production. SIMULIA’s Simpack product suite offers this kind of end-to-end reliability. The Multibody System Simulation (MBS) software is used for the dynamic analysis of any mechanical or mechatronic system in time or frequency domain. Engineers who use Simpack can generate and solve 3D virtual models in order to predict and visualize motion, surface velocities, accelerations, coupling forces and stresses.
The 2021 version of Simpack was released recently, with a variety of new functionalities added. Some of the new features include:
- Deprecate OLicense Server support (support to be withdrawn in the following release)
- Automatic front/backplane clipping adaption during animation (Simpack Pre)
- Speed up Result Element evaluation
- Enhance Model Profiler to check on User Routines
- Support for controlled Markers during Kinematics
- Optional hiding of curves in legend
- Provide valid ranges through filled curves in 2D/3D graphs
- Plot time history for mesh or field nodes
- Support Simpack-Abaqus CoSimulation with contact between bodies in the FEA model
- Reduced Memory Footprint for SIMBEAM Bodies
- Nonlinear SIMBEAM option for modeling belts and cables in built-in configuration
General Modeling Elements
- New Dynamic Viscosity Model ‘Barus’ in Material 20 ‘Lubricant’
- Improved behavior of PtP Spring-Damper Force Elements at r=0
Simpack Gear, Rolling and Journal Bearing
- Consideration of Lubricant for Ball Type Bearings in Force Element 88 ‘Rolling Bearing’
- Basic 3D Mesh Visualization for Force Element 240 ‘Belt Drive’
- New mass conserving cavitation handling for EHD element
Simpack Electric Drive
- Support Run Up simulations based on map files in Force Element 112 ‘Electric Machine Intf.’
- Support electromagnetic reduced order models in Force Element 112 ‘Electric Machine Intf.’
- New Force Element 95 ‘Coulomb Friction <prel> Cmp’
- Visualization of Track Excitations in Primitive 80 ‘Road’
3DEXPERIENCE connector for Simpack (Multibody Analyst PXP)
- Improve performance for Result Saving
Learn more about Simpack 2021x by attending the e-seminar Simpack R2021x | Simpack 2021 and 2021x Update, taking place on January 21.
Learn more and register for the upcoming e-seminar Simpack R2021x | Simpack 2021 and 2021x Update on January 21.
The e-seminar will also be available on-demand after the live event has concluded.
Simpack allows engineers to fully comprehend and optimize systems, reduce the need for physical prototyping, reduce time-to-market and improve product quality and lifespan. It offers a competitive edge through the ability to create high quality products in a time- and material-efficient manner, reducing overall costs in design, production and maintenance. Find more Simpack resources in the SIMULIA Community.
SIMULIA offers an advanced simulation product portfolio, including Abaqus, Isight, fe-safe, Tosca, Simpoe-Mold, SIMPACK, CST Studio Suite, XFlow, PowerFLOW and more. The SIMULIA Community is the place to find the latest resources for SIMULIA software and to collaborate with other users. The key that unlocks the door of innovative thinking and knowledge building, the SIMULIA Community provides you with the tools you need to expand your knowledge, whenever and wherever.