Industry is putting increasing pressure on manufacturers to use less material to deliver lightweight but stronger components, lower warranty and recall costs and all in less time. Many companies use advanced finite element analysis to calculate design stresses, but the fatigue analysis is often still done by manually picking stress points for spreadsheet analysis. This is time-consuming and unreliable because it is easy to miss failure locations.
The fe-safe suite of software is world-leading technology for durability analysis from FEA, directly interfacing to all major FEA suites (Abaqus, ANSYS, Nastran (MSC, NEi, NX), Pro/Mechanica) and its capabilities have been developed to meet the most demanding industry applications.
fe-safe was the first commercially available fatigue analysis software to focus on modern multiaxial strain-based fatigue methods and it continues to set the benchmark for fatigue analysis software.
fe-safe is a powerful, comprehensive and easy-to-use suite of fatigue analysis software for finite element models. It is used alongside commercial FEA software, to calculate:
- Where fatigue cracks will occur
- When fatigue cracks will initiate
- The factors of safety on working stresses (for rapid optimisation)
- The probability of survival at different service lives (the ‘warranty claim’ curve)
- Whether cracks will propagate
With the fe-safe product suite as an integrated part of your design process, you have the ability to:
- Increase the fatigue life of safety critical components
- Optimize designs to use less material
- Reduce product recalls and warranty costs
- Optimize and validate design and test programs
- Improve correlation between test and analysis within a single user interface
- Reduce prototype test times
- Speed up analysis times, thereby reducing man-time hours
- Increase confidence that product designs pass physical test schedules as “right-first-time”
- Reduce reliance on physical testing
General Enhancements 2021
- Unified structural/fatigue licensing – 3DXEXPERIENCE & fe-safe
- Includes core-count-dependent token & credit licensing – same as for Abaqus
- ANSYS RST support updated, including support for ANSYS WorkBench Named Selections
- Susmel-Lazzarin Infinite Life Method – previously only available for TCD
- Surface Finish Definition/Property files – new .sfprop
- Phone-home anti-cracking prevention
General Enhancements 2022
- Durability execution on cloud/grid – 22xGA/FD01
- Previously durability had to be solved locally
- Compressive mean stress corrections for Verity line welds – 22xFD01
- Spot Weld fatigue theory enhanced for complex loading
- Corrections to the calculations for several algorithms, including Brown-Miller – 22xFD01
- Qt upgrade – 22x GA
To learn more about the new features included in fe-safe, and for more fe-safe resources, please visit the SIMULIA Community. Stay tuned as new software releases continue to be rolled out.
SIMULIA offers an advanced simulation product portfolio, including Abaqus, Isight, fe-safe, Tosca, SIMPACK, CST Studio Suite, XFlow, PowerFLOW, and more. The SIMULIA Community is the place to find the latest resources for SIMULIA software and to collaborate with other users. The key that unlocks the door of innovative thinking and knowledge building, the SIMULIA Community provides you with the tools you need to expand your knowledge, whenever and wherever.