End-to-end Support for Your Unique Industry Processes
SIMULIA is excited to announce the release of the R2019X portfolio, with a focus on the applicability, efficiency and scalability of our digital physics offerings. This release also includes new ways in which all of our products are working more closely together, delivering a high level of coordinated enhancements for “out of the box” end-to-end industry processes. Whether you’re creating cars, aircraft, cell phones, turbines or medical devices, there are a multitude of variables that could affect your product outcome, each needing to be considered as part of your design, engineering, and production processes.
What’s the full scope of work in your industry? The R2019X release delivers industry-specific process workflows that tackle everything you’ll encounter in these selected processes, helping you stay on top of both the detailed simulation and the broad engineering aspects of innovation. To further empower your journey you’ll find all the visibility, collaboration and decision support you need on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform. Here are some of the highlights of the R2019X release:
- Power’By for Simulation – In R2019X we have focused on allowing users to maintain and secure their existing simulation IP while benefiting from the 3DEXPERIENCE platform. This includes running and managing Abaqus, Simpack, XFlow, and CST Studio Suite simulations from the platform and sharing the results of those simulations with others. Specific enhancements include the ability to upload result data, plots, and animations for both XFlow Specialist (for fluid simulation) and Simpack Specialist (for multibody simulation).
- Fluid Simulation for Designers/Engineers – R2019X continues to enhance our computational fluid dynamics (CFD) portfolio, which covers both mainstream and industry-specific CFD simulation. 3DEXPERIENCE Simulation R2019x now provides the most complete CFD solution for designers & engineers using CATIA on the market today.
- Enhanced Digital Additive Manufacturing – R2019X increases AM efficiency, usability, and confidence that your parts will “Print to Perform” with the following enhancements: assembly, support, thermal optimization, automated smooth-geometry reconstruction, an improved Eigenstrain method and a new voxel-based mesher to simplify complex geometries.
Individual Product Highlights
SIMULIA tools are scalable, repeatable, fully connected, and integrated with each other in order for you to achieve the fastest, most cost-effective, high-quality results. Here are some of the product highlights included in the R2019X release:
- Abaqus – A powerful and complete simulation package for both routine and sophisticated problem solving for industry processes requiring Structures simulation. Our scalable suite of unified analysis products allows all users, regardless of their simulation expertise or domain focus, to collaborate and seamlessly share simulation data and approved methods without loss of information fidelity.
- fe-safe – A powerful, comprehensive capability available in the Abaqus portfolio for fatigue analysis from finite element models. It is used with commercial structural analysis (FEA) software, to calculate where and when fatigue cracks will occur and whether they will propagate, and to predict service life variation and is used by leading companies in automotive, heavy truck, off-highway, marine, defense, offshore, power generation, wind energy, medical engineering and many other industries.
- Tosca – An integrated topology, shape, and bead optimization technology available with and integrated into the Abaqus portfolio. Tosca is used to optimize the topology, shape, and bead layout of structures considering in-use loading scenarios in order to reduce weight & cost, increase strength, and maximize life.
- Isight/SEE – The industry process automation and design optimization software, providing solutions that enable users to reduce analysis time and costs while improving product performance, quality and reliability. SIMULIA Execution Engine (SEE) provides state-of-the art Fiper technology for distributing and parallelizing simulation process flows. Together these allow customers to build a web-based framework for distributing the execution of simulation processes to optimize computing resources and enable collaboration across the enterprise.
- XFlow – Offers particle-based Lattice-Boltzmann technology for high fidelity Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) applications as part of SIMULIA’s Fluids Simulation portfolio. The state-of-the-art technology of XFlow enables users to address complex industry processes involving high frequency transient simulations with real moving geometries, complex multiphase flows, free surface flows and fluid-structure interactions.
- PowerFLOW – Utilizes Lattice Boltzmann technology to provide high fidelity CFD solutions for transient fluid problems. PowerFLOW has a strong presence the field of Transportation & Mobility, providing solutions in the areas of vehicle aerodynamics, NVH, acoustics, thermal management, cabin comfort, and soiling. PowerFLOW also has a strong presence in the field of Aerospace & Defense, providing solutions in the areas of whole aircraft noise, high lift configurations and community noise, propulsion aerodynamics and engine thermal design.
- Simpack – A high-end, multi-purpose MBS (Multibody Simulation) software used for the dynamic analysis of any mechanical or mechatronic system in time and frequency domains. Simpack enables engineers to generate and solve virtual 3D models in order to predict and visualize motion, surface velocities, accelerations, coupling forces and stresses. From initial concept and design, through to production and redesign, Simpack helps engineers fully comprehend and optimize designs, reduce physical prototyping, decrease time-to-market and improve product quality and lifespan in processes such as powertrain dynamics, vehicle handling, and wind turbine engine performance.
- CST Studio Suite – Electromagnetic (EM) components are crucial to the success of an ever-increasing range of products. With solvers that span the frequency spectrum, CST Studio Suite offers a complete technology package for design, analysis and optimization. Used by leading technology and engineering companies around the world, CST Studio Suite provides a realistic system to analyze product performance and verify legal electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and exposure limits.
For complete details about all SIMULIA products, please contact your Dassault Systèmes representative or visit: www.3ds.com/simulia. And watch out for our upcoming product webinar series coming next spring focusing on applications and industry processes using these products!