SIMULIA is proud to announce our 2023 Champions! SIMULIA Champions are among our most passionate and talented users who work every day to share their expertise on simulation. We are already in the fourth year of the Champions program and are delighted to call more than 100 individuals SIMULIA Champions!
These brand ambassadors live around the globe, hailing from various countries in Asia, Europe, North America, and Australia, and work in multiple industries, such as aerospace, automotive, energy, high-tech, manufacturing, consumer goods and packaging, and academia. Our Champions are scientists and engineers, professors and researchers. They are experts in electronics, additive manufacturing, energy, and much more.
This year’s Champions come from companies including CommScope, Continental AG, Ericsson, General Motors, Hyundai Motor Company, Jaguar Land Rover, Joby Aviation, LG Electronics, Pratt & Whitney, and Stellantis—to name a few. They use the SIMULIA portfolio to design everything from cloth dryers to antennas, from electric drive systems to products for treating structural heart disease: Abaqus, CST Studio Suite, fe-safe, Isight, PowerFLOW, Simpack, and many other products.
This year’s Champions include:
- Rich Albert, Staff Reservoir Geomechanicist at ConocoPhillips Company, has used the finite element numerical technique to solve problems in geomechanics for about 30 years.
- Dr. Thomas Bressner, RF Developer at Ericsson, currently focuses on base station antenna for mobile communications and is an expert in CST Studio Suite.
- Michael Brown, Technical Specialist – CAE Templates at Jaguar Land Rover, spent most of his time in virtual engineering, leading the way in digital engineering automation within the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, and now empowers other engineers to carry out their own analysis.
- Matteo Cendamo, RF Engineer at CommScope, is in charge of designing filters, multiplexers, TMAs, and, in general, passive devices operating in the RF/Microwave range.
- Ming Cheng, Civil Engineer at Central-South Architectural Design Institute Co., LTD., has been an Abaqus user for applied research and consulting applications of nonlinear behavior analysis and simulation of building structures and building toughness evaluation for over eight years.
- Benoît Cousin, Director at ECCUS SA, is responsible for the thermal management of ECO Caverns and the relationship with higher education institutions; his field of expertise covers, in particular, the aero and geothermal behavior of underground structures and infrastructures.
- Douglas Dominick, Senior Director of the Computational Modeling & Simulation (CM&S) team in the Advanced Technology division of Edwards Lifesciences, is working to deliver world-class engineering services, technologies, and innovative designs to facilitate best-in-class products for treating structural heart disease.
- Kyle Downes, Simulation and Modeling Engineer at Unilever, His role within packaging R&D is to develop automated simulation models inside the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Mario Durando, CAE Analysis Specialist at Stellantis with 32 years of experience in virtual simulation, most of them for structural and durability analysis of powertrain components and systems.
- Dana Frye, Structural and Mechanical analyst with Joby Aviation, is working to create a more sustainable and efficient way to travel; he has used various SIMULIA tools (Abaqus, Tosca, 3DEXPERIENCE) for more than ten years to evaluate the structural integrity of composite and metallic components.
- Ying Guan, NVH Simulation Leader at Great Wall Motors Company, has been using Abaqus for 12 years and selected Simpack for NVH simulation in 2021.
- Jan Hansen, Assistant Professor at Graz University of Technology, works on electromagnetic modeling of industrial electronics and integrates electromagnetic design using simulation into university teaching to train happy future simulation engineers.
- Giuseppe Ieropoli, Senior CAE and Durability Performance Engineer at IVECO S.p.A., with more than 20 years of experience with Abaqus, and he still continues to contribute to the simulations using Abaqus for Fatigue and Structural.
- Shree Krishna, Senior Engineering Advisor at Blade Energy Partners, possesses superior expertise in failure investigation management, asset integrity practices, tactical project implementation, and all facets of computational mechanics.
- Yadhu Krishnan M K, Technical Lead – RF simulation at Continental AG, is responsible for leading the planning and execution of major RF simulation activities (focused on autonomous driving) according to customer/internal milestones with the required scope and quality.
- Zhilong Lian, Senior Engineer at China Petroleum Engineering Research Institute Co., Ltd, is mainly engaged in the research and development of numerical simulation technology and software for oil and gas well engineering, the material testing and structural design of high-temperature and high-pressure rubber seals, and the development of ultra-high-temperature and high-pressure test gauges.
- Christophe Oulerich, Dynamic Method Expert at Safran, is working on a multibody methodology to support the development of new Aircraft Engines with his team. Simpack is one of the software tools they use for performance simulation.
- Kilbae Park, Senior Research Engineer at Hyundai Rotem Company, has more than 25 years of experience in railway vehicle dynamics and is developing a new generation of high-speed trains.
- Woocheol Park, Professional Researcher at LG Electronics, conducts analysis related to clothes dryers and vacuum cleaner products. He specializes in nonlinear analysis, simulation process automation, and customization in in-house code.
- Scott Piper, CAE Methods Engineer at General Motors, is currently on a team developing new methods for computer-aided engineering (CAE) throughout the company worldwide.
- Parag Pradeep Dol, Senior Manager CAE at Kalyani Powertrain Ltd., has more than 23 years of automotive industry experience; his focus areas are virtual validation of E-axles and E-drives for electric vehicles.
- Jim Roach, Structures Manager at Pratt & Whitney, has been using SIMULIA products (primarily Abaqus and Isight) for about 20 years, performing a wide variety of finite element.
- Roman Tkadlec, Principal RF Engineer in the Base station antenna department at CommScope, exploits novel filter designs and technologies with the “Future technology team.”
- Bin Ye, Subsection Chief at GAC Automotive Research & Development Center,has been engaged in wind noise and acoustic package simulation for eight years and currently serves as the subsection chief of the wind noise and acoustic package department.
- Liu Ying, Senior Engineer at FAW-VW, has been engaged in automobile development for 14 years, with 17 years of experience applying Abaqus and 11 years of experience using Isight.
- Sungjin Yoon, Senior Research Engineer at Hyundai Motor Company, predicts the structural performance of vehicle chassis systems, for which he mainly uses Abaqus and fe-safe.
- Meng Zhou, Senior Electronic Engineer at Nexteer, is responsible for developing e-drive products, for which he uses CST Studio Suite.
SIMULIA is happy to welcome the 2023 Champions and thanks them for their efforts to advance the development and adoption of simulation technology! We look forward to hearing about their work and expertise. They will share their stories here in the SIMULIA blog as well as in the SIMULIA Community.
Stay tuned for more SIMULIA Champion announcements!
Join a community of simulation enthusiasts focused on advancing the use of SIMULIA simulation solutions in science and engineering! It’s free and easy. Start a discussion with other members of the SIMULIA Community. Talk through your simulation questions with peers, SIMULIA experts, and SIMULIA Champions. Apply to be an author to create posts, share useful tips you discovered for SIMULIA software, and establish yourself as a thought-leader. The SIMULIA Community is home to both SIMULIA product users and SIMULIA subject matter experts around the world.