For the second year, SIMULIA is recognizing several of the passionate and talented individuals who work every day to share their expertise on simulation. We are proud to call these individuals our SIMULIA Champions, a designation that was first offered in 2020 and is continuing this year with a new class of experts and influencers.
The SIMULIA Champions are spread across the globe, hailing from 13 countries and working in nine industries, including aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and academia. They are scientists and engineers, professors and researchers. They are experts in electronics, additive manufacturing, energy, and much more.
These extraordinary individuals are active users of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and the SIMULIA portfolio. They work with Abaqus, CST Studio Suite, Isight, Simpack, fe-safe, PowerFLOW, and many of our other products. They specialize in structures, electromagnetics, and fluid dynamics.
This year’s Champions come from companies including Pepsi, Airbus, Ford, and Motorola, and universities including Shanghai Tech, Purdue, and FH Aachen—just to name a few. They use SIMULIA products to design everything from packaging to the Mars probe, from antennas to environmentally friendly vehicles.
We are pleased to add our 2021 class to the 2020 inaugural group. The SIMULIA Champions total 60 brand ambassadors who work tirelessly to share their knowledge, inspire their peers, and enrich the SIMULIA Community as a whole.
Our Champions include:
- Pablo Zavattieri, a Civil Engineering Professor at Purdue University whose research into biologically inspired materials is the subject of an upcoming SIMULIA case study
- Jinfeng Cao, an Associate Professor at Qingdao University of Technology, who has published four books on Abaqus and Python and has established an Abaqus training center
- Allan Zhong, a Distinguished Scientist at Halliburton with seven issued and 15 pending US patents
- Sajeesh Sulaiman, an EMC Expert at Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, and a leading designer in the next generation of offshore wind turbine technology, who has won multiple innovation challenges
- Timo Kuthada, Head of Interdisciplinary Projects and High Performance Computing at FKFS, who has authored or co-authored more than 90 publications
The SIMULIA Champions have much to teach us, so we look forward to hearing from them about their work and expertise. They will share their stories here in the SIMULIA blog as well as in the SIMULIA Community. We are excited to learn more about our Champions’ careers and about the journeys that led them to working in simulation.
You can learn more about our 2021 SIMULIA Champions here. SIMULIA is happy to welcome the 2021 Champions and to thank them for their efforts to advance the development and adoption of simulation technology.
SIMULIA offers an advanced simulation product portfolio, including Abaqus, Isight, fe-safe, Tosca, Simpoe-Mold, SIMPACK, CST Studio Suite, XFlow, PowerFLOW and more. The SIMULIA Community is the place to find the latest resources for SIMULIA software and to collaborate with other users. The key that unlocks the door of innovative thinking and knowledge building, the SIMULIA Community provides you with the tools you need to expand your knowledge, whenever and wherever.