On November 20th, 2018, 3DEXPERIENCE R2019x was announced. All of Dassault Systèmes’ cloud customers were successfully and seamlessly upgraded to R2019x within a few hours of release availability, and over the whole scope of the 3DEXPERIENCE offering. The release features powerful enhancements and new roles, bringing an unparalleled combination of advanced technologies and industry experiences to customers. The key takeaways include:
Largest cloud offering on the market continues to increase the gap with competition
- E.g. virtually the whole portfolio of the #1 PLM provider in the market is available on the cloud, and on a single, unified architecture: the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
Advancing the promise of the holistic 3DEXPERIENCE Twin – all digital product representations to leverage the same underlying model
- The enterprise product definition can be fully model based with full digital continuity from engineering to manufacturing to enterprise
- The new Software Engineer role exposes essential software IP into the configured product definition
- The 3DEXPERIENCE Twin of the city is extended with earth data (e.g. terrain, geology), for digital continuity between surface and subsurface
- New 3DEXPERIENCE Twins of Robot shot peening and Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM): simulate, validate, optimize, program
- Advancing the 3DEXPERIENCE Twin of the enterprise: navigate No Magic models of business processes
Opening further the power of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, and its PLM Collaboration Services, to users of:
- CATIA V5 & SOLIDWORKS Desktop, e.g. full access to 3DEXPERIENCE compass and apps in native environment; and of SIMULIA’s Abaqus e.g. on cloud ‘user subroutine’ support
- NX and Creo with immersive access to PLM Collaboration Services at FD01
Breakthroughs in Intelligence for business innovation
- Artificial Intelligence with the power of Machine Learning (ML). Companies in any industry can democratize the use of data science (run ML protocols, explore predictive results, share them), enhance reuse with continuous ML-based classification, and, at FD01, improve quality and maintenance with ML-based analysis of field issues.
- V+R Customer Intelligence: Asset Quality & Reliability solution to detect, and solve current/future issues on assets in field during end-customer experience. At FD01.
- Cost intelligence, in configured context and near instantaneous fashion at FD01
New paradigms to create in 3D
- From personal immersive experience for 3D designers, and collaborative immersive experience in virtual 3D for teams, to – now – immersive 3D Natural Sketching
- 3D generative innovation: mobile browser-based generative modeling that replaces programming with graphical visual scripting (low code) combined with interactive 3D modeling
End to end Additive Manufacturing and function-driven generative design
- Generate optimized conceptual assemblies and further refine the optimized shape, globally or locally (also used for milling and other mfg processes)
- Extend AM digital continuity and enhance AM from function-driven design, to optimized process (enhanced AM research), to realistic manufacturing (powder bed programming, now incl. realistic simulation of the part being built), to bringing the model from V to R with the Make service of the 3DEXPERIENCE Marketplace.
For more information about the R2019x release or any of SIMULIA’s products, visit: https://www.3ds.com/products-services/simulia/products/3dexperience/whats-new/