In my previous blog post, I talked about the factors that make last mile logistics one of the most complex and expensive parts of the supply chain. I also looked at DELMIA Quintiq Logistics Planner for the Last Mile, an out-of-the-box solution to optimize last mile planning. In this blog post, you’ll find out how this solution is uniquely suited to help meet your consumer expectations in a cost-efficient way.
Today’s logistics challenges require a planning solution that can support the high demands of consumers — more delivery options, more flexibility, faster delivery, cheaper rates — in a cost-effective manner. Despite this, many retailers and logistics providers still rely on spreadsheets and disconnected systems for their planning needs.
Unfortunately, these legacy tools were never designed to solve today’s complex planning challenges. They lack the capacity to sift through the moving parts, variables and options that can make last mile planning profitable. It’s no surprise that some companies lose revenue from online delivery services due to a mismatch between delivery costs and fees charged to consumers.
The DELMIA Quintiq Advantage
What makes DELMIA Quintiq Logistics Planner for the Last Mile stand out from the rest, is the underlying technology. It’s an out-of-the-box solution specifically designed to plan and manage last mile deliveries. It is easy to implement, requires minimal configuration and can be scaled up to accommodate future growth without requiring expensive upgrades. New systems can be up and running in only one to two months.
DELMIA Quintiq Logistics Planner for the Last Mile empowers logistics providers of all sizes to optimize their operational costs without compromising quality of service. The solution offers:
- Dynamic round-trip planningPlanners can efficiently plan routes while considering a variety of conditions such as pickup and delivery windows, truck compartments, truck restrictions and rush hour traffic.
- Day-of-operations supportPlanners can quickly manage the impact of unforeseen events, such as sick leave or traffic jams, with continuous optimization running in the background.
- Sustainability-focused planningThe solution supports management of electric vehicles and low-emission zones through CO2 emission-based optimization.
- Customized delivery windowsRetailers can meet increasing customer demands for delivery by offering customized delivery windows based on the expected costs of delivery.
- KPI-specific planningThe quality of the generated plan is measured against various company-specific KPIs, ensuring adherence to the most significant business goals.
Curious to learn more?
Watch this webinar by Robert Oliver, our retail and logistics expert. The 25-minute presentation explores the challenges in last mile delivery and highlights how DELMIA Quintiq Logistics Planner for the Last Mile can help companies to:
- Find the right balance between customer satisfaction and costs
- Prepare for disruptions and future challenges
- Make their last mile operations more sustainable.