What Dassault Systèmes brings to the table?
The Human First Concept – Envision a new human experience of mobility
through smart connections between people, vehicle, and the city
Human First Vision Concept at Dassault Systèmes
With the Dassault Systèmes platform, foster open innovation and collaboration that combines complex systems and leverages the benefits of virtual twins to create not just a car but an intelligent vehicle that takes care of you.
This concept, Human First Vision, truly demonstrates how we can use the virtual worlds to improve mobility in the real world.
- Virtual twins are used to visualize infinite variations of mobility services to fine tune the corresponding human experience.
- Integrated in the virtual twin, model based system engineering (MBSE) allows all stakeholders to see the implication of each design decision in the achievement of the requirements across complex systems of vehicle on-board systems, operating platforms, and smart cities
Our vision is very real, experience-able. We present a live experience of mobility systems and associated innovations that will provide solutions to the mobility challenges of tomorrow between now and 2030:
- Human First: “Take care of me, you and us all”. Future mobility systems should improve not only for better driver experience but also for the passengers and all road users.
- Frugal / smooth usage of the road and energy infrastructure
- By improving car pooling experience
- By facilitating search for parking which directly reduces traffic in cities
- By facilitating smart grid (Vehicle to grid).
We uses a unique combination of:
1) A virtual twin Experience of the City and the Vehicle in the 3DEXPERIENCE platform (leveraging 3DEXCITE and CATIA) connected to external systems / software such as:
- the V2X (Vehicle to Everything) platform from Orange (for collective intelligence protecting Vulnerable Road Users)
- and the “Face and Gait recognition” solution from Thales to facilitate and secure a deviceless access to the vehicle for both the driver and the passengers
2) The physical concept car synchronized in real time with the virtual twin in the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
This allows exploring 5 use cases mixing Virtual and Real experience as follows:
1. Passenger is welcomed automatically by the car on Human First Vision
- Easily and safely share vehicles capacity
- Improve and secure car pooling experience thanks to advanced identification technology
- Idle vehicles becoming comfortable and practical space for productive mobility time
The virtual twin allows experimenting a potential future capability: here the camera on the right side of the car for passenger recognition
2. Driver is welcomed automatically by the car on Human First Vision
- Access without any device to your car
- Your car protects itself against theft
- The car automatically adapts to your need (your body and your mood)
Hybrid Virtual + Real experience allows to check and validate the benefits of future Software Defined Vehicles (SDV)
3. Improve road safety by alerting at the right time on potentially dangerous situation for Vulnerable Road Users (VRU) on Human First Vision
- Vulnerable Road Users (VRU) are protected through collaboration across the mobility systems: connected cars and intelligent infrastructure
- Alert drivers at the right time about VRU in blind spots / limited visibility spot
- Informed drivers adapt their level of attention and speed at the right time/place
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform allows collaborative design and simulation of on-board and off-board mobility systems.
Easily test and experience dynamic alerting rules with the virtual twin connected to collective perceptions/intelligence systems
4. Choose best parking options on Human First Vision
- In-car real-time support to locate, book and pay available parking & charging spot meeting the needs (near / fast /cost-effective) at final destination and considering EV autonomy.
- Facilitate multimodal mobility: propose parking near available public transports / bikes to reach destination faster and reduce environment footprint
- Smooth the usage of the infrastructure:
- Road: Reduce traffic for parking spot localization,
- Energy grid: Propose Vehicle to Grid (V2G) to serve the energy grid in peak time
- Accurate selection of available parking & charging spots thanks to car data from Renault, intelligent sensors from Orange equipped with NB-IOT from ST, as well as available spots Renault Plug INN service
Value from Dassault Systèmes:
- Design and simulation of the services to connect the vehicle and the infrastructure thanks to System engineering approach
- City Virtual Twin to reveal the available infrastructure
- Simulation of the end user experience
5. Car health status tracking on Human First Vision
- You can rely on the vehicle: it knows and tell you how fit it is
- Accelerate the deployment of virtual sensors, i.e. software replacing physical sensors by interpreting the relationship between other parameters
- On-board Health & Usage Monitoring can be performed with minimum extra cost thanks to Virtual Sensors for relevant car systems and components (battery, tire, brake, gearbox, chassis, suspension, etc.)
Value from Dassault Systèmes
- The 3DEXPERIENCE platform allows collaborative design and simulation of on-board and off-board car systems, including the physical and virtual sensors, adapted to each car configuration and target usage.
- By relating usage and health data with the relevant technical configuration, it provides insights to fleet managers and engineering teams and foster a continuous improvement loop of the mobility systems.
The virtual twins is a very powerful approach to improve mobility systems in the real world, even more when connected with the surrounding systems, hardware and software. A lot of innovations can be tested virtually and the connections with the physical vehicle reinforces the experience in the real world when needed (for example for the driver health sensors and the on-board sound experience).