Fluids simulation has become a highly necessary part of a large number of industries, but it is not one-size-fits-all. There are many complex scenarios in which fluids simulation is required, and different types of software are needed to fit those different situations. When it comes to simulating real-world product behavior in extreme conditions, SIMULIA’s XFlow is the software to beat. Everything from vehicle wading to powertrain lubrication to critical flight maneuvers can be evaluated with this CFD tool.
SIMULIA has now announced the 2021 release of XFlow, and with it comes a number of improvements and enhancements. This year’s new features focus on three main topics to improve the user experience, extend simulation capabilities and improve performance:
- Model build, to improve the user experience and further streamline an already straightforward setup process even more
- Co-simulation, in order to take advantage of other SIMULIA technologies to improve user experience or to extend the FSI capabilities of XFlow
- GPU, which we believe will be a before-and-after milestone for XFlow given the huge increase not only on performance but in terms of making HPC intense computations affordable to average users
New GPU features include the following:
- MPI solver allowing multi-GPU simulations
- Adaptive refinement algorithm can be used with MPI GPU simulations
- Phase field solver is now available
- Moving geometries using the immersed-boundary method are now available
- Total pressure boundary condition now available
- Free-slip walls now available
- Surface fields now available: Cf, Cp, Y+
- Temporal laws can be used as input for boundary conditions and external acceleration
- Law parser now supports all functions
- Tabular data files can be used as input
- User-defined variables can be used
In addition, XFlow 2021x offers a new Search in Project Tree feature that allows filtering lines in the project tree for a faster tree exploration. The new release also includes support for moving porous media using the immersed-boundary method.
To learn more about the new features and improvements of XFlow 2021x, please attend the upcoming live e-seminar XFlow R2021x | XFlow 2021 and 2021x Update, taking place on December 15.
Learn more and register for the upcoming e-seminar XFlow R2021x | XFlow 2021 and 2021x Update on December 15.
The e-seminar will also be available on-demand after the live event has concluded.
SIMULIA Fluids simulation is driven by three complimentary technologies that provide customers with scalable fluids simulation to address a broad range of real-world applications. XFlow offers particle-based Lattice-Boltzmann technology for high-fidelity CFD applications, enabling users to address complex workflows involving high frequency transient simulations with real moving geometries, complicated multiphase flows, free surface flows and fluid-structure interactions.
XFlow’s automatic lattice generation and adaptive refinement capabilities minimize user inputs, thus reducing time and effort in the meshing and pre-processing phase. This allows engineers to focus more on design iteration and optimization – saving time, money and providing the kind of reliable product development outcomes that SIMULIA customers have come to depend on.
SIMULIA offers an advanced simulation product portfolio, including Abaqus, Isight, fe-safe, Tosca, Simpoe-Mold, SIMPACK, CST Studio Suite, XFlow, PowerFLOW and more. The SIMULIA Community is the place to find the latest resources for SIMULIA software and to collaborate with other users. The key that unlocks the door of innovative thinking and knowledge building, the SIMULIA Community provides you with the tools you need to expand your knowledge, whenever and wherever.