In December 2018 CATIA and SIMULIA held their first cross brand event, the Dassault Systèmes User Conference, in Hanau, Germany.
This event combined several previous user meetings including the German and Austrian SIMULIA Regional User Meetings, the European SIMULIA Multibody Simulation and Durability User Group Meetings, the CATIA Design User Community Day, and debuted the CATIA Systems and Engineering User Community Days.
Over the course of two days, 500 attendees were able to listen in 7 parallel tracks to more than 100 presentations.
The individual tracks concentrated on specific industries and technology User Communities including:
- Simulation Engineering Community
- Electric, Connected & Autonomous Vehicle Ecosystem (ECAV) Community
- Additive Manufacturing Community
- Multibody Simulation Engineering Community
- Durability & Fatigue Simulation Engineering Community
- Creative Designers, Class-A Modelers & Visualization Experts Community
- Mechanical Engineering Community and the Systems
- Electrical/Fluid Engineering Community
Each track brought together expert users, as well as other specialists from all around the world, demonstrating the diversity of CATIA and SIMULIA’s technical capabilities, giving attendees the opportunity to see the breadth of Dassault Systèmes technologies as used by other users who presented their projects about finite element modeling, materials, multiphysics, NVH, multibody simulation, durability, fatigue, medical devices, electromagnetics, structural & thermomechanical fatigue, creative design, xDesign, ICEM Surf, MBSE, NO MAGIC, additive manufacturing, simulation for designers, immersive visualization, POWER’BY and many more.
In addition, the latest technology updates and how they can be applied to further enhance productivity within our customers working environment were presented.
Attendees were openly encouraged to move freely through all sessions to better understand the synergy and wider Dassault Systèmes user communities.
Of course, our most important asset on a user conference are the user presentations. We are proud that we were able to attract user presentations from companies such as BMW, Jaguar Land Rover, Ford Motor Company, McLaren Racing, MesH Engineering, Fraunhofer, Digital Orthopaedics, Prismadd, Kubota and academic institutions like the Technische Universität Darmstadt, Technical University of Berlin, Brandenburgische TU Cottbus-Senftenberg and many more.
The plenary sessions with key CATIA and SIMULIA executives highlighted the synergies between Design and Simulation and the value of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and POWER’BY.
In the 3DEXPERIENCE Playground and partner exhibition area, attendees were able to visit 19 technology and hardware sponsors and learn more about CATIA and SIMULIA technologies on 23 different demo stations!
The event, including a half day of free seminars before the actual conference, a networking reception, an evening networking event and 2 full days of presentations, was well received by attendees, customers and DS colleagues, who called it very successful, informative and enjoyable, with sufficient time to meet and exchange experiences with key engineers and executives from SIMULIA, CATIA, ENOVIA and DELMIA and well as users and partners.
Save the Date! The next cross-brand User Conference is planned to take place in November 2019.
See here for other blog entries by visitors from media platforms:
Mr. Michael Hülskötter, an independent IT-tech-Blogger:
- Video and Interview with Gauthier Fanmuy about MBSE and No Magic: https://www.it-techblog.de/videoblog-mit-no-magic-lassen-sich-saemtliche-design-prozesse-abbilden/12/2018/
- YouTube video – Gauthier Fanmuy about MBSE No Magic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4fhStiN9NA&feature=youtu.be
- YouTube video – Florian Jurecka about the new concept of the new Dassault Systèmes User Conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83QH_kxgTmA&feature=youtu.be
Mr. Ralf Steck, an independent live-blogger concentrating on the engineering environment:
- Day 1: https://blogs.3ds.com/germany/simulation-design-engineering-und-innovation/
- Day 2: https://blogs.3ds.com/germany/die-dassault-systemes-user-conference-in-hanau-live-tag-2/
Visit our DSUC 2018 archive, where presentations which are consented to be used are published for download.
Enjoy some of the images from the DSUC 2018: