Success for farm equipment manufacturers hinges on their ability to leverage digital transformation, tailoring products to market requirements and delivering across the world at record speeds.
A typical farm equipment assembly line is extremely complex, involving over 5,000 mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic parts and structural analysis. Using a data-driven approach and a model-based product backbone, manufacturers can enable digital continuity from equipment engineering to production, service, and maintenance – essentially building a single repository to capitalize on the knowledge. Digital transformation can help the farm equipment manufacturing industry better understand the needs of its consumers. It accelerates innovation and speeds up time-to-market, allowing manufacturers to keep pace with the agriculture market’s trends in a truly agile manner.
There are five ways manufacturers in this space can gain from digital transformation:
- Building a connected process landscape to power more holistically informed decisions and minimize risk in a dynamic market
- Achieving a consolidated view of product design structures and engineering bill of materials to improve engineering productivity
- Equipping the farm industry with a scalable, online environment for product design, multi-physics simulation and process planning to drive collaboration
- Utilizing virtual twin to demonstrate the assembly of new equipment variants, enable smart decisions, and effectively maintain plants via multi-stakeholder validation
- Simulating assembly operations and carrying out tests without having to wait for a physical prototype for better workforce training
Digital transformation is integral to farm equipment manufacturers, allowing stakeholders to collaborate, centralize their data, connect multi-disciplinary processes, and simulate outcomes. This can help the industry reach new heights of success on the way forward.