In part two of this blog, I’ll wrap up with advantages that can be expected within the world of supply chain planning software.
Advantages of supply chain planning
DELMIA is uniquely positioned to provide an integrated software platform to address so much more than Integrated Business Planning (IBP). With a single, integrated, extendable 3DExperience platform and 30 years of experience in delivering comprehensive supply chain planning software solutions on a global scale, across multiple industries, it is the logical choice for numerous large, midrange and small enterprises. DELMIA provides solution coverage for the whole supply chain management scope. In addition, Dassault Systèmes has the local presence and global reach to address any combination of planning requirements.
Looking at the planning platform as a whole, there are many areas of strength that can bring advantage to an organization over its competitors. Some of the key aspects include:
- A fully integrated digital twin of not only your supply chain, but the wider supply network dynamically updated and refined using each supply chain transaction
- Seamlessly integrated data science experiences allowing advanced machine learning and AI techniques to be applied to a wide variety of planning challenges, further enhancing the accuracy and performance of the plan
- Supply chain analytics, control tower and dash boarding across the supply chain but also beyond with web trends, supply network collaboration and 3rd party data analysis
- Deep domain knowledge, functional coverage and expertise across all SCM disciplines. Not only is the coverage on offer broad, it is also deep, having been developed with industry leading companies for the last 3 decades
- Underpinned with a modern big-data inspired architecture of ontologies ensuring that only the relevant information is stored and all the associated interconnections can be inferred automatically rather than having to be defined directly; maximizing the value of each and every piece of information and uncovering useful data relationships that were previously obscured
- World beating planning optimization developed and proven with multiple planning puzzles to deliver better results and uncover more value than any other solution
- Uniquely fully integrated SCM and product lifecycle management (PLM) processes allowing manufacturing companies to ensuring that innovation is never stifled by the supply chain and also that supply chain realities can steer the design to ensure the best result overall
- Offered as full SaaS or available on premise to cater for individual architecture preferences with migration paths available to future proof any investment
Effective supply chain management, using a high quality supply chain planning software platform to deliver improved decision making, visibility and collaboration lies at the core of all successful and well managed enterprises.
Although manufacturing companies vary in scale, complexity and dependencies, they all have one thing in common: The need to service the requirements of ever more demanding customers with an increasing range of products, with an increasing range of options from ever- growing diverse, interdependent and often global supply chain networks. This is without losing track for even a moment of any one item, order, shipment, inventory movement, transfer, shipment, delivery, launch, promotion, project, resource, person, booking, lorry or vessel… plus much more. Doing this can be very difficult, especially when unexpected circumstances present themselves, but with the unique features offered by flexible DELMIA solutions, all these challenges can be overcome allowing your supply chain and company to thrive.